I just received this in my inbox this morning, so if you are interested… apply! The Palm Beach Cultural Consortium is a great place to start if you are interested in the gallery/museum world and is located just down the street in downtown Lake Worth!
1. PALM BEACH COUNTY ART IN PUBLIC PLACES INTERNSHIP
This is a non-paid volunteer position.
Experience qualifies for Internship Independent Study and Community Service Credit. Flexible hours.
IF YOU ARE creative, detail-oriented and interested in being involved with the visual arts, we encourage you to work with us on the County’s multi-faceted public art projects! As a Palm Beach County Art in Public Places Intern you will have many learning opportunities by participating in a professional working environment. You’ll be introduced to all aspects of the public art process and gain real-world experience through:
- Developing Calls to Artists and organizing artist submittals for selection committee reviews including creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Writing descriptions of artworks for the program’s website, news releases and other promotional materials.
- Participation in meetings concerning various parts of the public art process and crafting minutes to deftly convey meeting discussion and outcomes.
- Corresponding with artists and art administrators across the country to gather images and information on model public art projects.
- Introduction to the stages of the public art project process including the design, materials selection, engineering and permits issues, fabrication methods, installation challenges, contract details and coordination with the architectural team for each project.
- Responding to broad and varied phone calls and email queries about the public art program.
- Maintaining an artist registry database.
- Assisting with installation of changing art exhibitions at County facilities, and more!
College student, all majors welcome. Student should have interest in Arts Administration, Art History, Architecture, Cultural Tourism, Marketing or Design related fields. Experience with Microsoft Office 2007, PowerPoint and Excel.
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO
Elayna Toby Singer, Art in Public Places Administrator, email@example.com
2. Also: a local photographer colleague of mine is looking for a Photo Studio Assistant for the summer. 10-20 flexible hours. $8-$10 per hour in Lake Worth. Mostly organizing studio, scanning negatives and digital file organization tasks. If you are organized and looking to work within the photography field, this would be a great place to start. Email or see me for details.