NEXT WEEK is Spring Break! The College will be closed March 5 – 11. ..
Enjoy your week off, get some rest and be fresh for the rest of the semester.
Art/Design related things to do on your week off:
1. Norton Museum is FREE on Saturday, March 3 – last day to see the Jenny Saville exhibit!
Or if you are interested in Art After Dark at the Norton, this makes a fun evening full of art, music and lectures.
2. Fat Village in Fort Lauderdale – Art District and ArtWalk the last Saturday of each month. Featured galleries include Girls Club and 18 Rabbit Gallery.
3. Wynwood Art Walk in Miami are the second Saturdays of each month. Making March 10 a fun Saturday evening down south.
4. Participate with the Design Club in the Royal Palm Beach Sidewalk Chalk Fest. Design Club members will be there in shifts from Saturday through Sunday – March 10-11.
5. OR… Go with the famous quote : “Less is more” by designers— Mies van der Rohe & Buckminster Fuller and DO NOTHING. 😉 I recently read the book “How to be Idle” by Tom Hodgkinson and although its not my usual style … I kinda liked some of the ideas about slowing down.
Sometimes in order to make things, we have to live things.
Also LOVED this below video on writing by one of my favorite radio personalities, Ira Glass. Interesting typography + words of encouragement if you are in that mid-semester funk.[vimeo http://vimeo.com/24715531]
The encouraging words from the this video really helped me when I was filling up with doubt while working on a project 🙂 It reminded me to accept my novice techniques and appreciate my own natural taste for art.